What are Dues and Why Pay?
Dues are at least $14 ($7.00 to District and $7.00 to International).
Clubs may add an additional amount to be retained by the club. Total dues amount must be in your Club Bylaws as approved by two-thirds vote of your members.
District dues fund the activities of the district board that provide services to clubs a.
International dues create and distribute resources such as promotional materials, posters, and the Key Club Magazine on the Key Club website; provide your membership card and pin; fund the Youth Opportunities Fund (YOF) club grant program; help underwrite the International Convention; and provide recognition awards.
Six Easy Steps to Pay for Dues!
1. Go to www.moarkkeyclub.com/treasurer.
2. Click on "CLICK HERE TO PAY DUES". This will take you to the Membership Update Center (MUC) login page.
3. Use your advisor's email address and password that your advisor set up to login (see below for password set-up instructions if you did not pay dues last year).
4. After you're logged in, enter the club secretary's information and designate them as such by going to the "Dashboard" tab.
5.At this point, the secretary can log in with his/her own email, access the "Members" tab, and add or edit the information for all members (for example, delete graduated seniors).
6.Your club membership is completely updated, print the invoice by going to the "Finance" tab and mail in a check or submit payment online. Note that not all club members must be paid for at one time. You can generate multiple invoices throughout the year and pay for members as they join the club.
How to Create a Password (completed by the Faculty Advisor)
1. If your club did not pay dues last year, do not fill in your email or attempt to put in a password. Instead, click Register/Reset Password.
2. Enter the faculty advisor's email address on record and a hyperlink will be sent to faculty advisor.
3. Check your email and your spam folder for the email. Note that the response is not necessarily immediate.
4. If an advisor or club secretary is having problems accessing the information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the problem AND include all of their contact information for updating (club's full name, your name, email, phone).This information must be emailed.
5. Clubs can now begin entering members (go to Six Easy Steps to Pay Dues above).
Early Bird Dues:
November 1. This means you should send your check prior to
October 15 so that it arrives on or before November 1. Donít forget that your
club will get the Early Bird Dues Banner Path and your treasurer will be more
likely to receive the Distinguished Treasurer award if your dues are received by
Regular Dues: December 1
And If We Don't Pay Dues?
Your club status will become suspended or inactive, requiring a reactivation fee to return to good standing, and will become ineligible for any awards, honors, or YOF or FLOF club grants.
Eventually the Club can actually lose its charter and have to start the long process of chartering once again.
Members will not be considered "in good standing" by Key Club International.
Members cannot attend District Leadership Conference (LCON) or the International Convention.
Members are ineligible to receive any scholarships from International or the Mo-Ark District or to run for district or International office.
Some colleges request membership reports from Key Club International to verify that applicants were actually members of Key Club and will not admit students who are not members, but claimed they were.