Missouri-Arkansas District History

The Missouri-Arkansas District originally included Kansas and was known at the Missouri-Kansas-Arkansas District.

 The first organizational conference for the Missouri-Kansas-Arkansas District of Key Club was held in Hollister, Missouri December 20-21, 1947.  At that first conference, Ted Martin of El Dorado, Arkansas was elected the first governor of the Missouri-Kansas-Arkansas District of Key Club.

The first Missouri-Kansas-Arkansas District Convention was held in Jonesboro, Arkansas on April 3-4, 1948.  Doug Serage from Joplin, Missouri was elected governor at the “first” district convention.  Governor Serage served from 1948-1949. 

The first Key Club established in Missouri was started at Caruthersville High School in Caruthersville, Missouri on August 30, 1946; Hollister High School was next on November 20, 1946. 

The first Key Club established in Arkansas was started at Hope High School in Hope, Arkansas on February 1, 1947. 

The first Key Club established in Kansas was started at Emphoria High School in Emporia, Kansas on September 24, 1947. 

Kansas split from Missouri and Arkansas in 1951.  Thus the Missouri-Arkansas District was established.

 

 

District Logo

The Missouri-Arkansas District logo was created in 1969 by then District Administrator, S.H. "Bill" Burgin.  Mr. Burgin would hold the office of District Administrator for three (3) years.  He would go on to become the Kiwanis District governor and hold numerous other positions in Kiwanis.